POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hilbert curve : Re: Hilbert curve Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hilbert curve
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Jun 2024 20:05:00
Message: <web.667caca8d908a4321f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> attached three curves known to work, how do they compare to the "home grown" ?

Pretty fast work, there, Speedy Gonzalez.

Well, they're Hilbert curves.
And they're surprisingly slow to render.

I also had no real frame of reference for how to place them, and it took me a
bit to figure out how to even get them to show up (x-z plane, object {}, etc)

I think it's just a matter of the antialiasing not picking up enough sub-pixel
object, and so it disappears.   I just thought that effect would look a lot more
consistent.

I doubled the line width, and it's all there now, just without the nice
inter-line spacing that I was going for.  Maybe I'll experiment with some more
settings.

I've read some interesting blogs and papers, and it's intriguing that one can
calculate where a certain point along the curve will end up.

I'm wondering if there's a way to make this a procedural pattern or something
that can somehow be mapped to a plane with a unit square and warp, repeat, flip.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pseudohilbert.png' (1213 KB)

Preview of image 'pseudohilbert.png'