POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hilbert curve : Hilbert curve Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Hilbert curve
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Jun 2024 18:20:00
Message: <web.667c9393a46c8bcd1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
I was playing a bit with the (pseduo)Hilbert curve, and got up to order 9, when
I started to get a bit of render degradation.  Some parts of my curve looked
fine, but others were corroded or missing entirely.

#declare AspectX = image_width;
#declare AspectY = image_height;
#declare Fraction = min (AspectX, AspectY);

camera {
 orthographic
 right     x*image_width
 up   y*image_height
 location <Fraction/2, image_height/2, -Fraction>
 look_at <Fraction/2, image_height/2, 0>

}

Fine.  I'll just increase the image size, that will "give me more resolution".
(1920x1080)
It looked worse.
Fiddled with antialiasing settings looked the same or worse. (+a0.01 +am2 +r3)
No antialiasing.   Poo.
Increased the line width.  Still looked like poo.

Rendered at order 4, and half my curve is missing.
Switched back to 1024x768, and it looks fine.

Something odd is afoot here, or this is another POV-Ray nuance that I'm not
aware of.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pseudohilbert.pov.txt' (3 KB)