POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Mandelbulbs - Isosurface and max_gradient : Re: Povray Mandelbulbs - Isosurface and max_gradient Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Mandelbulbs - Isosurface and max_gradient
From: Droj
Date: 16 May 2024 12:15:00
Message: <web.6646306ca9c49b65a0768d5a3b2af915@news.povray.org>
> You guys may want to check out Inigo Quilez's page, and look at the "Fractals &
> complex dynamics" section.
>
> https://iquilezles.org/articles/
>
> Articles:
> Continuous iteration count
> The M1 bulb of the Mandelbrot set
> The M2 bulb in the Mandelbrot set
> Area of M1 in the Mandelbrot set
> The symmetry of the Mandelbrot set
> Introduction to the Mandelbrot set
>
> They might offer some insights into how to speed up your renders.
>
> - BW

Hi Bill,

thank you for the link to Inigo's website.
I read some of his articles and understood - zilch.

The problem I had with these Mandelbulbs was that - what Paul Nylander called
'inefficient code' - it gave Povray a really hard time.

And when I added an include file Povray crashes as soon as I started rendering.

Well, I guess I put that Mandelbulb topic on ice until I have a more powerful
computer.

Regards, Droj