POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Mandelbulbs - Isosurface and max_gradient : Re: Povray Mandelbulbs - Isosurface and max_gradient Server Time
1 Sep 2024 05:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Mandelbulbs - Isosurface and max_gradient
From: Droj
Date: 11 May 2024 15:30:00
Message: <web.663fc637a9c49b65397fdce03b2af915@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

Hi YB

> With pleasure - see attachment :).
thank you for sharing.
I realised that your camera position is on positive z-axis while mine is on
negative z-axis. That explains why some of your images look different.

I also took your advice and changed my 'aggressive' aa settings - and yes,
rendering times decreased a lot. Thanks for putting me on the right track.

> > And do you have an idea how to code power 3, power 5 and power 7?

Yes, see attachment - 3 fractal beasts - well, I am not too happy with it as the
fractals look a bit 'truncated'. I can't perform any experiments with the code
like use larger contained_by values. Maybe, you can with your excellent server!

> PS:I am mostly working at the night and sometimes afraid to open newly
> rendered fractal image, feeling like opening door to inferno :).

Same here: Seeing the image slowly evolving at night is somtimes like watching
the movie 'Hellraiser' :))

Happy tracing
Droj
PS: Did you try to rotate any of the fractals? I would like to know your
experience.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mandelbulb_pow3_5_7.pov.txt' (3 KB)