POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Mandelbulbs - Isosurface and max_gradient : Re: Povray Mandelbulbs - Isosurface and max_gradient Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Mandelbulbs - Isosurface and max_gradient
From: Droj
Date: 9 May 2024 18:10:00
Message: <web.663d4867a9c49b65e85adf843b2af915@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> It took 15m59,185s for rendering with max_gradient=33566, and n=6,
> but I see, that your image looks more smooth and pretty.
> What's the secret ? Antialiasing, maybe ... Could you please post
> all rendering parameters ?

Hi YB
Oh man you make me weep! 16 min with max_gradient=33566 ... if I try my image
will be finished next week.
Here are the settings of the ini-file I use:
-----------------
Width = 1600
Height = 1200
Antialias = On
Sampling_Method = 1
Antialias_Threshold = 0.0010
Jitter = Off
Antialias_Depth = 9
Output_To_File = On
Output_File_Type = N
Display = On
Verbose = Off
Quality = 11
Input_File_Name =
Output_File_Name =
Initial_Frame = 0
Final_Frame = 0
Subset_Start_Frame = 0
Subset_End_Frame = 0
Test_Abort = On
Test_Abort_Count = 100

> > // Mandelbulb - power 4 - Believe me the power 6 is a vision of hell!
>
> This teddy bear don't looks like real daemon, but some sort of inferno
> is present, no doubt ...

Have you ever seen Edvard Munk's painting 'The Scream'? It's disturbing but
Mandelbulb power 6 is worse.

Hope the ini settings will help.

Droj