POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : yuqk feature requests / suggestions : Re: yuqk feature requests / suggestions Server Time
27 Jul 2024 08:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yuqk feature requests / suggestions
From: ingo
Date: 29 Jan 2024 10:40:00
Message: <web.65b7c5fed9619d9a17bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> If we had structs, we'd put structs in the array(s) just the same way.

missed a bit,

but in general, I would welcome access to any data inside of POV-Ray.

Also, it would be nice is something like this worked:

//sphere-struct
#macro Sphere(name, _centre, _radius)
  #declare name&_centre = _centre;
  #declare name&_radius = _radius;
  sphere{name_centre, name_radius}
#end

object{
  Sphere("first", <0,0,0>, 1)
  texture {pigment{rgb 1} finish {ambient 1}}
}

camera {
  location <0,0,-5>
  look_at <0,0,0>
}

#debug concat(str(first_radius,0,0), "\n")