POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height field to mesh - more resolution : Re: Height field to mesh - more resolution Server Time
26 Jun 2024 06:30:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height field to mesh - more resolution
From: Leroy
Date: 7 Dec 2023 18:50:00
Message: <web.657259a42c1eda447d9fe399f712fc00@news.povray.org>
Here's the code, It was pretty old, wrote for pov 3.6. I didn't update it much.
Had to remove a lot of junk. I tested a bunch of bmp files, they where easiest
to make the 16*16 size I wanted. When I thought I had everything set, I found
that the pigment function acted like it was read pass the end of the image map.
Probably floating point troubles. So I rewrote it, scale the image map the size
of the image map and read the colors from the center of each scale pixel
location.
 Hopefully I have commented it enough.
Have Fun!

Post a reply to this message