POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height field to mesh - more resolution : Re: Height field to mesh - more resolution Server Time
17 Jun 2024 11:43:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height field to mesh - more resolution
From: Kenneth
Date: 2 Dec 2023 05:00:00
Message: <web.656afee22c1eda449b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> proof of concept (640x480 image source).  ~20 minutes ;-)

[then...]

>  Modifying my posted code to junk the array and call
> 'eval_pigment' inside the 'texture{}', I get parsing down to just
> under 5.5 secs (plus ~1s render) using the beta.2.

You *might* get it to run even faster by copy/pasting the eval_pigment macro
from functions.inc directly into your scene code, instead of 'including' the
full .inc file.

#macro eval_pigment(pigm, vec)
    #local fn = function { pigment { pigm } }
    #local result = (fn(vec.x, vec.y, vec.z));
    result
#end

I rarely use the .inc files directly, just the bits and pieces that I need.