POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : On surface normal calculation and perturbation : Re: On surface normal calculation and perturbation Server Time
20 May 2024 06:02:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On surface normal calculation and perturbation
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Nov 2023 19:50:00
Message: <web.65541523bbd63a0f1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
So, one of the things that I noticed, looking at this with fresh eyes, is that
I'm probably not doing the whole

ki * f (p + h*ki)

part correctly.

I'm not sure how to take a simple function like f(x) = sin (x) and plug a vector
into that.

do I just use the x components of the ki vectors?

I'm getting errors for trying to normalize a zero-length vector that way...