POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dumb newbie here! How to use PovRay : Re: Dumb newbie here! How to use PovRay Server Time
20 May 2024 06:03:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb newbie here! How to use PovRay
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Oct 2023 16:25:00
Message: <web.653acb159a6df7501f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Archadas" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello everyone.

Hello, and welcome.

> I need to solve how to usue raytracing on my 3d .obj models and get result and
> use those results in RaySAR.

Perhaps post a link or an attachment of your .obj (depending on size) and give
us some background on RaySAR and what you need to do with POV-Ray to make it all
work.

> So first thing is i need to understand how to use PovRay. I am someone who
> doesnt have any knowledge about coding, neither matlab or python etc.

There are some videos about basic POV-Ray usage on Youtube, and there are plenty
of example scenes, and (in windows) the drop-down Insert menu in the editor to
paste in snippets of useful code.
As with everything, pick some very simple task as your goal, and then
progressively add levels of complexity.

> Im having a hard time understanding how to use it.

Welcome to the POV-Ray new user club  ;)

Try out some simple scenes, and post your full test scene and the problems
you're having, and we can get you pointed in the right direction.

- Bill