POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: The ghost of a box : Re: The ghost of a box Server Time
27 Jun 2024 20:29:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The ghost of a box
From: jr
Date: 15 Aug 2023 13:20:00
Message: <web.64dbb2b0a9f3bc0a80c03e9d6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> You just might. That would make you a bit younger than my dad, I'm guessing.
> Hopefully you didn't get caught up in all the Vietnam BS (my dad didn't, but I
> can't remember if he ever told me how he managed to avoid it).

not sure what support (at that time, if any) the US of A got from France, but
"us Europeans" had no hand in that.

> Microsoft does suck, and they're getting worse all the time. I paid over $100
> for Windows 10 Home Edition, and it doesn't even let me stop updates?

I used to "hate" auto-updates, still do.  however, for "life online" it is
better to have an up-to-date OS, imo (think online banking etc).  suggest: a
"cheap" laptop where that company (Google, in my case) can "dictate" the s/ware,
and on one of "your" machines set up a SMB share where you share stuff with the
laptop.

> ... Such happy tunes.

yes, and .. historical :-).  what is your current "happy tune" ? (like the
notion)  link to my current, also a "nominee for earworm of the year" ? :-)
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYeTVqbmK9U>

regards, jr.