POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: The ghost of a box : Re: The ghost of a box Server Time
27 Jun 2024 20:39:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The ghost of a box
From: Samuel B
Date: 14 Aug 2023 19:00:00
Message: <web.64dab0e7a9f3bc0af8c47d526e741498@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > ... Ralph Records, Cleopatra..
> >
> > Huh, I haven't heard of them.
>
> no worries, just showing my age :-)  (think I have ~20 years on you)

You just might. That would make you a bit younger than my dad, I'm guessing.
Hopefully you didn't get caught up in all the Vietnam BS (my dad didn't, but I
can't remember if he ever told me how he managed to avoid it).

> > ... But the name "Porcelain telephone" stood out as something
> > interesting, so I had Bing make an image of it (notice the excess of numbers on
> > the dial, haha).
>
> I guess that dial looks about right -- for a company that has so many fingers in
> so many pies.  </grin>

Haha, true.

Funny I should be posting an image made with Microsoft's AI generator,
considering the topic and all. But so far, the adblocker I use seems to be
working just fine on Edge.

Microsoft does suck, and they're getting worse all the time. I paid over $100
for Windows 10 Home Edition, and it doesn't even let me stop updates? I think
I'll be moving on to Linux next time I have to make a choice. Seems like Linux
distros support almost everything I want anyway (Blender, POV-Ray, Gimp,
emulators, etc.), save for maybe one or two Steam games that aren't compatible
with Proton.

> fwiw, I had a look at Quiet Riot.  having always liked Slade, I thought the
> cover of "feel the noise" pretty good.  also liked 'Metal Health' (one 'n', eh
> ?! :-)).
>
> regards, jr.

I didn't know Quiet Riot was inspired by another band until recently. It took me
til last year before I heard about Slade. My favorites are Far Far Away and My
oh My. Such happy tunes.

Sam