POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: The ghost of a box : Re: The ghost of a box Server Time
17 Jun 2024 08:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The ghost of a box
From: Samuel B
Date: 8 Aug 2023 19:15:00
Message: <web.64d2cbd0a9f3bc0af8c47d526e741498@news.povray.org>
> Op 08/08/2023 om 01:05 schreef Samuel B.:
>
> > [anti-ad stuff]
>
> Ha Ha! My gospel this! :-)
>
> [note: I /think/ that here in Western Europe, we are a little bit more
> protected from all this than in the US...]
>
> --
> Thomas

I not sure why more people here aren't upset at all the stuff they put up with
day in and day out. The EU definitely seems to have better policies regarding
advertising, privacy, etc.

Here in the US people just take it, for whatever reasons. Everyone is told to
just vote better, but from my point of view, it's truly a good cop/bad cop
scenario... one in which both sides are playing both sides at the same time...
One side (republicans) is pretty much the bad cop, and the other side
(democrats) are the good cop who just "can't get anything done," because the
republicans are always "blocking" their moves. Meanwhile, people are
increasingly unable to afford rent, healthcare and even food (which might be a
good thing in this supersized society :P).

But worst of all are the wars my country wages abroad without nary a vote. I
truly feel bad about places like Syria who are under constant assault by
terrorists, many of whom wear US uniforms or were trained & funded by the very
country claiming to fight a war against terrorism! It's insane that anyone
thinks the US are the good guys. I know there needs to be stability, but with
our countless coups, sanctions which hurt the people and not their governments,
theft of oil... Well, I try not to get too worked up about it but I still feel
somewhat responsible, being a US citizen and all.

Sam