POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Simple L-system library for POV-Ray v3.7 : Re: Simple L-system library for POV-Ray v3.7 Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:32:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple L-system library for POV-Ray v3.7
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 1 Aug 2023 13:20:00
Message: <web.64c93d96753f6152826dd4889db30a9@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> > (Remember to check that you have the latest files from the Github repository, as
> > something may have changed since your last download.)
>
> sorry, "grousing" :-).  would it not be "better" to house SDL code libraries on
> the wiki, together with a bit of "article" perhaps ?

Hi Jr

That's because I like the functionality that git provides. I also like Wikis,
but they are not very good for developing code.

As my code is usually open source, anyone can host it elsewhere (e.g. on the
POV-Ray wiki) without asking me for permission. Although that might not be wise
as long as the code is under active development.

I agree that an L-systems article on the POV-Ray wiki would be a good thing.
Unfortunately, writing articles and good documentation is something I struggle
with...

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com