POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : L-Systems in Povray : Re: L-Systems in Povray Server Time
12 May 2024 20:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: L-Systems in Povray
From: Droj
Date: 27 Jul 2023 19:10:00
Message: <web.64c2f8be453cebfc8646de533b2af915@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> or perhaps not :-).  the C source code mentioned by ingo comes with a nice
> little PDF summarising the alphabet + actions available.  been thinking that if
> we could agree (here) on a similar (or same) "standard", then all our "stuff" on
> the subject would become interoperable.

Hi jr,

I definitely agree with you about your idea of standardisation.
Wouldn't be a big thing to do - yeah, sounds blue-eyed.

The only catch I see at the moment is:
In LSystems they use "\" and "/" for 'roll clockwise' and 'roll
counter-clockwise'
and one of these ASCII chars collides with Povray's internal settings.
But I guess we can find a workaround.

> > - to jr who always found the right words to cheer me up
>
> good, good, invoice is on its way.. ;-)

Hey, you are going to ruin an old man ...:-)). Can I pay in installments??

Cheers, Droj