POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Simple L-system library for POV-Ray v3.7 : Re: Simple L-system library for POV-Ray v3.7 Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:39:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple L-system library for POV-Ray v3.7
From: Droj
Date: 27 Jul 2023 17:55:00
Message: <web.64c2e651753f6158646de533b2af915@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:

> I should mention that I have now made a modified version of my L-system library
> that can create 3D shapes. - And I've managed to render a 3D Hilbert curve. But
> I have not had time do more test.
>
> Now I'm in doubt if I should create a new repository for the 3D version of the
> library, or if I should update the existing 2D library, making it more
> circumstantial to use.

Hi TOK,

it's GREAT news that you found the 'holy grail' of LSystem - 3D shapes.

Please let me see the 3D Hilbert curve.
I guess I will faint or get an heart attack. <big grin>

I would love to test your 3D modification of L-sytem. But where is it?

So, if it's not too much effort I think it's better to create a new repository
with the 3D version. Maybe some users are contend with a 2D version to create
'patterns' and some others like to explore the capabilities of the 3D version to
create plants/trees/etc.

You made my day!

Cheers, Droj