POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : L-Systems in Povray : Re: L-Systems in Povray Server Time
13 May 2024 09:32:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: L-Systems in Povray
From: Droj
Date: 17 Jul 2023 18:30:00
Message: <web.64b5c006453cebfcdec7f1e73b2af915@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> no :-)  that's filed under "rest + recreation".

Good to know that R&R is still a part of life style

> direct link to latest, this one is (I think) "compliant" wrt Object Collection
> conventions, and thus safer; the wiki page has the most recent versions.
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-uadHHQ3K0sgdxyHmBCTznlPYNrnBgM9/view?usp=sharing>

Found and d/loaded it. Thanks

> I did, and got as far as line 49 in 'L-system.inc', then .. I had to look away
> :-).  much (most?) of his stuff goes over my head.  (aside, without TOK's
> insight(s), 'Foreach()' wouldn't have happened)

To be honest I looked through his 'L-system.inc' from top to bottom and yes, I
am with you - it made my brain 'loop' not in a simple #while loop.

TOK has, beside insight(s) a sort of black humor: 'SIMPLE L-system for...'.
Yeah, simple it is when you know. I just wonder how can TOK shake a thing like
that out of his sleeve.

Now I understand much better what you meant by 'standing on the shoulders of
giants'.

> (liking the "level 9" tree, might make a fine brooch)

I'll post the POV-file in a couple of minutes in TOK's 'language' as attachment
to his post. Yeah, it's a little challenge for a goldsmith.

Cheers, Droj