POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : L-Systems in Povray : Re: L-Systems in Povray Server Time
27 Jul 2024 18:42:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: L-Systems in Povray
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Jul 2023 20:10:00
Message: <web.64ac9d71453cebfc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> in Lvertices(), the for loop needs to read '#for (i,1,strlen(Lstr))'.  then the
> problem becomes that you have no 'BuildRules' key for 'X', yet.  hth.

So, I added:

#declare BuildRules["X"] = asc("X");

and

#declare Axiom = "FFFFX";
#declare Rules = dictionary {
  ["X"] : "F[-F|][+F|]",
}

I have NO idea what I'm doing, but that gets me a completed render and no
crashing.

I'm wondering if the X's in the Rules create an infinite recursion of some sort,
and that causes the crash?

--- I'm interested in how the branching works, since I was toying with a scene
to make "roots" or "vines" randomly grow and branch out around the outside of a
cylinder....

- BW