POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : L-Systems in Povray : Re: L-Systems in Povray Server Time
27 Jul 2024 18:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: L-Systems in Povray
From: Droj
Date: 11 Jun 2023 12:00:00
Message: <web.6485ef11453cebfcef371b9d3b2af915@news.povray.org>
> "Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:
>
> > I tried Ingo's advice separating location and angle. Whatever I did Povray
> > complained ("Float expected, but ... found instead" or "Bad operand for dot
> > expression"). Now I know why he warned me with <untested code>.
> > Will still investigate where I took the wrong turn.
>
> Quote the line and post the exact error.   We run into these things all the
> time, and sometimes they're a bit hard to decipher without help.
>
> > I had a look at your 'queues.inc'. I'm still goggle-eyed with my mouth agape!
> > </)):-o>
>
> Yeah - jr's code isn't exactly readable for those not well-versed with
> dictionaries, and his unique style of coding.  He does code up some amazing
> stuff though.  And document it like a BOSS.
>

> > Still I have to chew on LIFO and maybe can digest it - not sure - that's for
> > sure.
>
> WTH is "LIFO" ?
>

> > But I will not give up.
>
> That's the spirit.
>

> - BW

BE,

> Quote the line and post the exact error.   We run into these things all the
> time, and sometimes they're a bit hard to decipher without help.

thanks but at the moment it won't help.

I turned too many screws at the same time which produced garbage.
So I made a 'spring cleaning' with the result that Povray doesn't complain
anymore.
Instead it rendered that famous image with the beautiful black sky and that
awesome black landscape.

Have to meditate first and then dive into F. Lohmueller's tutorials.

- Droj