POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wood_mannequin.png : Re: wood_mannequin.png Server Time
4 May 2024 06:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wood_mannequin.png
From: Mike Miller
Date: 19 Apr 2023 15:50:00
Message: <web.6440449cd981b0ad59197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Rendering of a poseable wood mannequin. Modeled for my Jack/workbench scene. I
> > posted the scene file. Most pivots are programmed with 2 rotations. The upper
> > arm could use an additional y rotation. The include file could use some
> > additional commenting and poses. Might try to work out a run sequence.
> > Miller
>
>  Nice!
> My first thought was that it looked like it came out of my old Quantum Robots
> code. After reading your text I knew it didn't. Then 'I could have done that if
> wanted to.'
> A long time ago I went robot crazy. So I made a robot factory, with a few window
> programs to help set some(well a lot) reusable poses. I used those poses as
> keyframes in my animations. The thing is I made a lot of walking/running
> animations. I could give the keyframe poses to ya if it would help.
>  I used the full 3 element rotate.
>  So a lot of conversion would have to be done :(
>
> Have Fun!

>> I could give the keyframe poses to ya if it would help.
That would be great - I would love to see how the poses are handled. A biped
format that could be applied to any rigged character could be fun to program. :)
Mike

just a thought...I have Max and tons of .bip files. I should be able to write
the rotation keys out as a frame sequence - one .inc file per frame? A 4 second
animation would be 120 include files. :(

>> I used the full 3 element rotate.
That seems to work best for linked forward rotations...unless there's
a way to handle quaternions in POV. I need to go back and add 3 independent
rotations per joint. I got lazy.