POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wood_mannequin.png : Re: wood_mannequin.png Server Time
26 Apr 2024 23:29:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wood_mannequin.png
From: Mike Miller
Date: 17 Apr 2023 02:35:00
Message: <web.643ce83fd981b0ad59197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
> Op 17/04/2023 om 05:52 schreef Mike Miller:
> > Rendering of a poseable wood mannequin. Modeled for my Jack/workbench scene. I
> > posted the scene file. Most pivots are programmed with 2 rotations. The upper
> > arm could use an additional y rotation. The include file could use some
> > additional commenting and poses. Might try to work out a run sequence.
> > Miller
>
> You are stirring old memories... I built one some twenty or more years
> ago, using Moray, in order to learn about inverse kinematics. No idea
> where the little critter is hiding now... :-)
>
> --
> Thomas

I would love to see it. Inverse kinematics would be the way to go. I've used it
in Max - it has an 'end effector' that pushes the links, but required rotation
restriction on all the joins. Beyond my programming skills. Share if you find.
:)

I'm using a simple forward method with parent/child unions. I modeled this
yesterday day and started to write the rotates to pose this into my scene ...it
got more complicated today when I decided to control all the joins. haha.
Mike