POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : categorising objects : Re: categorising objects Server Time
2 May 2024 10:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: categorising objects
From: jr
Date: 14 Apr 2023 02:00:01
Message: <web.6438eb5deebe96f34301edef6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

I see capital letters... He can find the shift keys! Keys which probably
squeak like there is no tomorrow on being used. :-)

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET...

(<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cia_v4vxfE>  :-))

> The categories Microscopic and Military looked like sub-categories
> by indentation. I'd think they both are major categories?

unsure (did I mention I'm crap at naming stuff ? :-)), to me they're like
interior + exterior, "qualifiers", rather than categories per se; eg CR's
coronavirus, it'd be 'organic forms' and 'terrestrial fauna' primarily, I guess,
and 'microscopic' too.

a v brief recap of the mechanism.  the identation is, in a sense, misleading,
because it shows a hierarchy[*] (in the UI).  though if I select 'rail' for eg
the "rocket", then it is just 'rail'.  it only becomes a 'vehicle' when that
label too is selected.

[*] which could be constructed from the table, but currently isn't.

the recent suggestions (from both you and BE) have been added.  I probably went
over the top with the 'functions', nudged by you; must be all the recent work
on/with functions in the NGs.  :-)

I've decided to add 'inorganic' to the 'abstract forms', as BE points out,
difficult to (sub-)categorise.  'astronomy' under 'space' is meant for "based on
observation/measurement data using/providing objects, as many items in BE's list
imply.  re the architectural, 'infrastructure' standing for dams, canals, etc,
and 'historical/monument' to cover the castles + fortresses and so on.

below the final draft (close to, anyway).

(and sorry re delay, had meant to reply days ago)

regards, jr.

-----<snip>-----

Areas of Interest
    Abstract/Inorganic Forms