POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spherical triangle : Re: Spherical triangle Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical triangle
From: Leroy
Date: 8 Apr 2023 18:35:00
Message: <web.6431e8511ef881ca40da5a51f712fc00@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> What method/object to use to make triangles from three points on a sphere?
>
> After a long search on the web, I didn't find anything.
>

> Thanks for your advice
>

> --
> Kurtz le pirate
> Compagnie de la Banquise

It all depends on what you got and what you want.

There should be plenty of code out there that can place make a sphere out of
triangles. I use GEODESIC SHAPE GENERATOR FOR PERSISTENCE OF VISION 3.1x by by
Uwe Zimmermann, Stockholm, Sweden 1999. I Here's a copy if you need it.
 One thing the triangles that fit a sphere wont' be all the same size and shape.

Have Fun!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'goedome.zip' (45 KB)