POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Borked diacritical marks : Re: Borked diacritical marks Server Time
29 Apr 2024 22:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Borked diacritical marks
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Apr 2023 06:35:00
Message: <web.642d4e9ab78816601f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> The unsigned values are used with a point offset method not supported in
> our code at all. The x & y int8_t (signed char) method is - and it's
> what all font's I checked use. The sometimes correct - and sometimes
> completely wild results - come more from not handling he twos complement
> representation correctly for the read values than having read bad values.

Nice catch.  That certainly accounts for the wild placement, whereas bounding
was just an incidental problem.

Now that you've stuck your head deep into the glyph-handling code, how difficult
would you say it would be to write code in SDL that would take a font file and
create splines and/or prisms?

Or make the internal conversion exposed to SDL so that the result could be
written to a file?

Nice work   :)

- BW