POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : categorising objects : Re: categorising objects Server Time
5 May 2024 12:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: categorising objects
From: jr
Date: 2 Apr 2023 03:50:00
Message: <web.64293326eebe96f34301edef6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> ... Maybe we can use this property as a tag, ...

yes.  the "rocket", for instance, would then be vehicles, rail and scale model.

(was initially thinking of using 'replica' but like 'scale model' better :-))

> An orange stapler.

maybe we should keep to primary colours, to avoid pulling in 'colors.inc'.  ;-)

"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> Humanoids can include aliens as well as terrestrial humans.  ...

agree.  the problem is .. constructing a useful and inclusive hierarchy w/out
"redundant" stuff (find "naming" things difficult)

> How about "Kitchen Items"?

kitchen, yes, will take that.  (more please)

> "Microbes" could round this out.  There is already a coronavirus in the
> collection.

perhaps some 4th level 'microscopic' and 'macroscopic' ?  that said, the whole
'organic forms' "tree" needs revising, bettering.

thanks for all the comments, so far.

regards, jr.