POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : categorising objects : Re: categorising objects Server Time
5 May 2024 15:06:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: categorising objects
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 1 Apr 2023 15:55:00
Message: <web.64288b33eebe96f360e0cc3d949c357d@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> unsure of 'humanoid', in that group.  ought the OC have a 'person/character'
> category at level '2', perhaps with further sub-categories ?

Humanoids can include aliens as well as terrestrial humans.  Of course, the
likelihood of an actual ETI resembling humans is slim to none, but humanoid ETIs
are all over science fiction, an science fiction is all we have to go on, until
some real ETI shows up.

(I mead a *real* ETI.  Not a Frisbee, not a top secret military project, not a
reflection of a streetlight in your car window, not the planet Venus, and not
some hallucination/repressed fantasy of being probed.)

> more feedback will be appreciated, I feel the 'household/office objects'
> category (at least) needs .. something.

How about "Kitchen Items"?

>     Organic Forms
>         Humanoid
>         Terrestrial Flora
>         Terrestrial Fauna
>         Alien/SF Flora
>         Alien/SF Fauna

"Microbes" could round this out.  There is already a coronavirus in the
collection.