POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fuctions, My two cents : Re: Fuctions, My two cents Server Time
3 May 2024 08:29:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fuctions, My two cents
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Feb 2023 12:55:00
Message: <web.63fa4ad6f28769a31f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Anyhow. Color images work as HF input.

But of course.

> However, in newer versions of
> POV-Ray I'd recommend never using color inputs directly in a grey scale
> application. Too many ways for it to go astray of intent.

So, do we just use image_pattern/pigment_pattern and the color to grayscale
conversion is different there?

Or do we "roll our own" color conversion function and daisy-chain that into the
hf?

I suppose the answer is always, "It depends".

How many color to grayscale conversion equations do you currently have in povr?