POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 3 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3 Server Time
2 May 2024 07:39:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3
From: Leroy
Date: 24 Feb 2023 19:50:00
Message: <web.63f95b07b7a8ee2cba5ca48bf712fc00@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 20.02.23 23:17, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>
> > And here I was, thinking that I was an old timer.  I didn't know about
> > POV until 2003.
>
> I read first about POV-Ray in 1995 in Chip, a German computing magazine
> and started soon after this with playing around with the raytracer (back
> then using Moray as a frontend)... but discovered news.povray.org only
> in 2000!
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar
>
> Now playing: On the Silent Wings of Freedom (Yes)

With all this talk about when ya started POV I had to say somewhere that my
oldest file I can find is dated 1\12\1999. I when looking for POV or something
like it.
I got tired of doing images bit by bit with 16 colors, 252 colors, 256 color
palettes.
When I found POV I was blown away. And I never got over it!
Have fun!