POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Yes-library : Re: Yes-library Server Time
1 May 2024 03:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes-library
From: Mike Miller
Date: 24 Feb 2023 10:55:00
Message: <web.63f8dda27f290431a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 23/02/2023 23:36, Mike Miller wrote:
>
> > Great, glad I can help. I'll try to contribute to your Roger Dean project when I
> > can. Always loved his work...Cool concept to model and animate.
> >
> > Patrick Woodroffe was my illustration hero when I was in high school. I keep his
> > Mythopoeikon book beside me for inspiration. His early pencil and etching work
> > is very nice.
> >
> > Here a link to some of my early sketches and 3D. I've only had the site up for a
> > few months so it's very much a work in progress ...like the rest of my life. :)
> > I started adding some of my resent POV work. I'm currently modeling bugs for
> > some rendering ideas.
> >
> > https://639cef3628e1f.site123.me/
> > I lost old website...now I'm using a free one. :)
> >
> Hi Mike !
>
> I'm very glad that found here a man, who share my preferences in art and
> technologies. Opposite to you, I'm much more programmer and
> mathematician, but always dreamed to be an artist. 3D graphics somewhere
> in between, and this is the reason why it attracts me so much.
> So, if you will need some assistance in software development or similar,
> I can help you without a problems. I am also working with ceramics
> a little, this gives me a rest after intensive coding:
> https://www.facebook.com/yesbird65
>
> I want to thank you for pointing me to Patrick Woodroffe, I spent half
> of the night exploring his artworks, only wonder, how I can miss him ?
> He is a great artist. For symmetry, I would like to mention Kirill
> Chyolushkin:
> https://illustrators.ru/posts/kirill-chyolushkin
> Sorry, site in Russian, but contains mostly images.
> I have only one of his books, as they are very expensive :)
>
> You site is good and well-organized, some part of chaos is normal for
> creativity, too much order will kill it :). You are very talented, I
> like your old-time sketches and present works. I see you are using
> Sculptris, I have a Z-Brush and now writing plugin for exporting meshes
> to POV, preserving color info.
>
> I like insects also, they have accurate 'construction' and beautiful
> forms, created for rendering, please keep me in loop while working on them.
>
> As to Yes-library: I found Fish-13 in some old archive, cleaned it up,
> recolorized and animated:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qSR539hQdo
>
> Hope, you will not be disappointed. Now I am pushing it into macro for
> more easy recolorizing and cloning (so please don't waste your time for
> that), suppose it will be brilliant in my collection :).
> I will post link to final code, after pushing it to repository.
>
> Can't wait for putting hands on your blobs examples - will work with
> them tomorrow.
>
> All the best, and sorry for my English,
> --
> YB

No disappointment here - I'm glad you were able to find the file. I found
another image map for that fish. You may need to tweak the coordinates.
....and your English is great! Probably better than mine...flunked 2 English
classes in college.

Love kirill-chyolushkin - had not seen his work. Thanks for sharing!

Also,
Has POV implemented a way to use 'Normal Maps' for bumps using an image map? I
didn't he an example in the help files.
Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: