POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 3 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3 Server Time
2 May 2024 04:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3
From: Mike Miller
Date: 24 Feb 2023 10:25:00
Message: <web.63f8d67ab7a8ee2ca30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 24/02/2023 02:41, Mike Miller wrote:
> Hi, Mike.
> > I found fish13.pov in my archives and currently cleaning it up for yesbird. I'm
> > imbedding the CTDS (connect the dots smoothly) #declares and wrapping it as a
> > macro to become fish13.inc.
>
> As I wrote in objects.collection, I've done almost all of this work, but
> if you already have some result, please send it to me - I will merge it
> with mine version, to get best from both.
>
> > I should have the train station, ionic5, and most all of the stuff I posted in
> > the early 90's. Let me know if you what anything uploaded. Thanks :)
> I will be glad to top up my collection from your archive, if you share
> the examples.
>
> > Depending on complexity of the scene file I may just write a conversion script
> > to handle the syntax changes for these old scenes. Particularly files that use
> > CTDS. Lots of non-comma delineated transforms and scales.
> It will really help, as I have a lot of difficulties while upgraded
> fish13 to 3.8, and still have some of them (transformation collisions
> after putting a commas, according new syntax)
>
> > I did the card, balloons and
> > bugs. ...lol.
> Could you send me a bugs, please ? I will make beetles from them )
> --
> YB

> As I wrote in objects.collection, I've done almost all of this work, but
> if you already have some result, please send it to me - I will merge it
> with mine version, to get best from both.

Thanks...sounds like you has that fish in order. I ran into the same problem
with on some 'fin' parts. I'm re-doing a few things and will post my version
soon. I had to refer back to my sketch to get some of the right transforms.
Thanks

I used that bug in few renderings. I'll track it down. :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fish_13_drawing.jpg' (2876 KB)

Preview of image 'fish_13_drawing.jpg'
fish_13_drawing.jpg