POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 : Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 Server Time
1 May 2024 15:46:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2
From: jr
Date: 24 Feb 2023 01:55:00
Message: <web.63f85ee49ce67fcf816b7cd96cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Using Granite_21: "DakotaRedGranite" in my Studio setup, with
> 'polished', and 'sslt'.
>
> I am not very sure if sslt makes a difference here...

it's all v subjective, of course, but I think this image "best" of the three,
think the difference of the top surface alone made it worth having.

re the mesh.  looks like either of the s/wares you used did some optimisation
(of vertices).  luckily the "geom" file contained a very useful header, I used
that to have a few tries with the (gts) 'cleanup' utility, and got down to 55M
without any apparent/visual differences.  hope to find some more time over the
weekend, see how small it can be made.  (thanks)

regards, jr.