POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 3 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3 Server Time
14 May 2024 08:36:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3
From: s day
Date: 23 Feb 2023 05:35:00
Message: <web.63f74142b7a8ee2c9c0c57bd6a8f0b95@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> > "Mike Miller" <https://639cef3628e1f.site123.me/> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > here's a variation of that concept. Replacing the sphere points with blobs -
> > > populating a 2nd blob surface.
> >
> > Wait.. "The" Mike Miller aka jack in the box Mike Miler?
> >
> > I have to say you are the reason I picked up Povray from PC Format magazine in
> > 1993 so glad to see you are back and a big thank you for the inspiration.
> >
> > Also, great abstract landscapes, this one is my favourite.
> >
> > Sean
>
> Thanks Sean,
> you're showing your age. :) I was just thinking about CTDS script for smooth
> forms. I used it extensively for Jack's face.

Too true, despite my age I remember the disappointment of leaving the Jack on
the rollercoaster image rendering overnight on my 386 and only having the ball
on top of his hat to look at in the morning ;-)

I had to leave it running just to prove to myself that the image on the magazine
all came from a text file, blew my mind back then as I had not even heard of
raytracing ;-)

Glad to see you are back in the saddle (and very prolific looking at the images
you have posted).

Sean