POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 4 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:52:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4
From: Mike Miller
Date: 22 Feb 2023 11:40:00
Message: <web.63f6447829cc7b8fa30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > On 19.02.23 20:32, yesbird wrote:
> >> Bald,
> >> again, you are reading my thoughts :) I wanted to reply to author, but
> >> was not able, as his email of incorrect format.
> >>
> >> I am looking for the similar methods for generating forms like on
> >> attached image.
> >
> > Oh, I assumed rightly... your nickname in fact points to your musical
> > preferences! That's very good, I always enjoy the company of fellow Yes
> > fans! And, Yes and raytracing, that goes really well together...
> >
> > See you in Khyberspace!
> >
> > Yadgar
> >
> > Now playing: Arriving UFO (Yes)
>
> Hi, Yadgar !
>
> I'm glad to meet here yes-=fan, that thinks the same way as me - Dean's
> artworks seem to be created for raytracing.
>
> May be you will like my idea to create a library of parameterized
> macros, implementing different kinds of 'Yes-objects', like stones,
> plants, corals, shells etc, everything we can find on Dean's paintings
> and what our fantasy will produce, and then use it for constructing
> scenes, illustrated the whole Dean's world.
>
> Thanks to Mike's comments and scene example I'm already started to
> work on it, the first seed is here:
>
> I suppose, having as a consultant such an experienced person, like Mike,
> this project will grow fast. I will be glad, if will join it or may be
> share some thought about better development.
>
> I will post news about a progress here: 'povray.object-collection'group.
>
> I'm also familiar with POV from about 1992, I studied computer graphics
> in university with it. Now I'm getting back to the origin ...
>
> Now playing 'Magnification' :)

> --
> YB

>>  about 1992, I studied computer graphics in university.

Very cool. I was doing the same. I was at Ohio State in 1980...worked a bit in
the super-computer lab testing LightScape and pre Renderman. Chuck Csuri of
Cranston Csuri was teaching and doing mind blow art there. That's how I got
hooked on 3D. They had some crazy hardware for the time.

FYI ...I still live in the Columbus region. Gray and rain today. haha