POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 4 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 10:00:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4
From: Mike Miller
Date: 20 Feb 2023 21:50:00
Message: <web.63f430e429cc7b8fa30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/123520-pov-lab-matlab-interface-to-pov-ray

> > and another is a set of futuristic landscapes, inspired by works of
> > Roger Dean (https://www.rogerdean.com/).
> >
> > I am only starting selection of methods and techniques and see that your
> > forms are very close to what I would like to include in my scenes.
> >
> > The only serious difference is a shading, I am prefer something more
> > cartoon/poster like, but this is another story.
> >
> > I am reading this tutorial now: https://povlab.online/isotutorial/, and
> > suppose that in combination with your methods I will get what I expecting.
> >
> > In general I understand your idea about combining point clouds into
> > blobs, but I am not experienced yet working with this objects, so if you
> > will share your code with me, it will be very helpful, and become a good
> > starting point.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > --
> > YB
>

> Hi YB,
> I put a small scene together with a few of the blob macros.  Attached is an
> image using them to create a more cone-like shape. It's not tales from
> topographic oceans but it's a start. :) I like the endless curve forms that can
> be created. I clipped/intersected a few inside a sphere to get a smooth top cap.
>
> What is the protocol for posting code. Can I dump it to a message window or is
> there a place on the forum to post .pov files?
> Thanks.

Hi YB,
I posted the scene file for that image. Sorry, there's tons of #declared stuff
that's not used in the scene. It needs to be stripped down. Let me know if you
have any questions.

>> POV-Ray Text Files/ scene-files/blob form study.pov.txt

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blob_forms_simple.jpg' (70 KB)

Preview of image 'blob_forms_simple.jpg'
blob_forms_simple.jpg