POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using a function in a height_field declaration : Re: Using a function in a height_field declaration Server Time
15 May 2024 05:37:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using a function in a height_field declaration
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 Feb 2023 10:40:00
Message: <web.63ee4dc143a1dd889b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> And finally - pie :)

Looks delicious! I like the wild colors too.

Speaking of colors:
I want to thank YOU for introducing a new pigment construction to me:
            pigment{red 1.0 green 0.6}

I have never used that(!!). I have used 'transmit' and 'filter' in my scenes for
many years, but I thought that such COLOR keywords were parts of "colors.inc" !

I think that I got something confused in the distant past--

             Red (capital letter; pre-#declared in colors.inc)
             vs.
             red 1.0 (a built-in keyword)

It seems that even an old-timer like me needs to re-read POV-ray's *basic*
documentation, now and then ;-)