POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Lab: plans and discussions : Re: POV-Lab: plans and discussions Server Time
4 May 2024 11:51:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Lab: plans and discussions
From: jr
Date: 11 Feb 2023 17:55:00
Message: <web.63e81c3b1a31123088a828ca6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Please find the scene in attachment.
> Any ideas and suggestions always welcome !

found a few minutes to look at the files.  nice + v tidy already, but you knew
that :-).  re 'volume.pov', just nit-picking, a bit more "vertical whitespace",
empty lines between statements would be nice.  re the .inc file, it shouldn't
really have a 'global_settings' block (fact, POV-Ray complains when it finds the
second, in the scene file); curiously, the file has Microsoft style line endings
whereas the scene does not.  there's a "standard" way of making .inc files
idempotent like C type headers, suggest adding the "usual" '#ifndef' guard and
the (local) '#version', and the filename for display via the
'View_POV_Include_stack'.  final "nits": I think the ';' terminator should
always be written, for every '#local' and '#declare', but realise I'm probably
in a minority of one :-), and prefer code line lengths .. conservative, ideally
less than 96 chars/line, but, again, that is just a personal view.

also, have decided to "steal" your 'color_map' for a couple of things I want to
try out soon.  cheers.

regards, jr.