POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Impending Moray Source Release : Re: Impending Moray Source Release Server Time
27 Apr 2024 04:01:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impending Moray Source Release
From: Convinced
Date: 11 Feb 2023 05:45:00
Message: <web.63e77164b7839018c44f34386ea30fe@news.povray.org>
"Lutz" <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:
> I'm happy to see some activity around this release :-)
>
> If there are any specific questions about Moray or design decisions or code
> structure, I'm happy to answer as best I can, keeping in mind I developed it in
> the late 80s and 90s and my memory isn't the best anymore. :-)
>
> I have been using Moray still to this day to read and edit STL files for my 3D
> printer, although for new designs I use Fusion 360 now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Lutz

Yes Lutz is the man. As he says he developed it and it worked.
I see no reason why we can't keep the format as is for now.
What 'ancient' code has to do with anything I can't grasp at all. Surely a
program written for an older operating system can't have any clout once it's
coded to run on Win 10 or a modern Linux system.
Anyway I'm just a 'user' so my opinion my not really valid.
Great to hear that things are in motion.

Thanks