POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Optimal planar tiling : Re: Optimal planar tiling Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:43:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optimal planar tiling
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Feb 2023 20:35:00
Message: <web.63e6f083b0df30fc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Closely related to this,

during my search for more information on the Choe hexagonal tiling, I found the
attached image, which I think would make for an excellent heightfield.

Also, these tilings in 2D and 3D space are relaxed Voronoi foams.

Perhaps this adds fuel to the Voronoi variations.

And of course, since there is a 3D space partitioning in the 2nd paper, it would
be very interesting indeed to see what sort of surface pattern would result if
that were implemented in POV-Ray.