POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh rendering artifacts : Re: Mesh rendering artifacts Server Time
14 May 2024 15:00:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 31 Jan 2023 21:30:00
Message: <web.63d9ce18249f00767ba9dec389db30a9@news.povray.org>
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Hi
>
> Hi yourself.
>
> > Have you not yet met Emacs?
> >
> >   ;-)
>
> Nope.   I was raised in the American Public Education System, where we're
> supposed to be just smart enough to read the names of the puppets that they
> nominate every cycle, and not smart enough to undo the shackles and escape the
> matrix.  As such, I still have certain  -  disabilities.
>
> > See the attached zip-file.
> >
> > --
> > Tor Olav
>
> I had a feeling that Mr. Wizard would appear, with something out of his bag of
> tricks.  :D

Hehe - I don't feel like a wizard. But during the years I have
become familiar with a few magic wands, like for example Emacs.

> I truly do need to sit down and work with Emacs, Vim, awk, etc and figure out
> how to do all the "word processing" tricks.

You can teach Emacs a lot of tricks with keyboard macros and
scripts. And you can even rearrange your keyboard to work the
way you like, e.g. by binding scripts to keys.

And then you can program Emacs in lisp. But have not looked
into that (yet).

So I recommend joining the Church of Emacs!

I really don't like vi and vim.
- They are the work of The Evil One ;-)

On several occasions I've found sed and awk/gawk useful.

> Thanks for being right there with a ready-made array example.

No problem.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com