POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh rendering artifacts : Re: Mesh rendering artifacts Server Time
16 May 2024 21:43:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 Jan 2023 07:10:00
Message: <web.63d9049d249f00761f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> You are the wizard - what a beauty those normals !

Setting D to zero and dividing the camera location by 4 to zoom in, the normals
all look the same.

Copying the data into Open Office, I see clusters of 3 and 6 in the smaller
normal vectors, so it looks like they're numerically the same as well.

Harder to tell with the colors.  I'd maybe need to restructure the array
definitions to look at them numerically, but you could just zoom in and compare
them by eye to make sure there's no serious anomalies.

That's all I have time for at the moment - speculation.   ;)

- BE