POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh rendering artifacts : Re: Mesh rendering artifacts Server Time
1 May 2024 23:39:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
From: yesbird
Date: 31 Jan 2023 03:45:00
Message: <web.63d8d209249f00763b5d5a6710800fb2@news.povray.org>
Thanks a lot for a batch  of ideas, this is much more than was expected, when
I asked about surface rendering. I am glad that you not only assist me with
suggestions, but also provide a code that I can use with minimal modifications.

This is a huge support and really can save a lot of time for me, and at the same
time move the project forward much faster. Such collaboration inspires me to
work harder :)

Thanks to you, I am planning now to:

1. Put on the POV side (in macros) as much work as possible. I thought about it
at the start, but macros are a little bit tricky and I'v decided to postpone it
for the future. Now I see that the future has come :). As a first step I will
embed your code in a separate method that will replace present 'surf'.

2. Separate code and data for easely manual data manipulations if someone wants
to.

3. Find the best way for normals rendering.

4. Think about vertices/faces selection/highlight mechanics.

But now, as I had planned before, writing wrappers for basic POV entities and
creating example scenes for them.
And see that it's time to start a new thread :)