POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender : Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:34:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Jan 2023 09:30:00
Message: <web.63c2bc5713ac33281f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> On the left is a noisy image produced with POV-Ray, and on the right is the same
> image, but denoised in Blender. It was super easy to set up.
>
> The scene was rendered in UberPOV using no_cache radiosity and a count of 1, and
> 8 blur_samples for the camera. No AA. (It rendered in only 14 seconds. The
> denoising in Blender took a little over a second.)
>
> Works nicely, eh? I don't know yet if it will handle media, transparent objects
> and other such things, but this initial result is promising!
>
> Sam

Is this based on some kind of resampled importance sampling, with spatiotemporal
resuse - like "ReSTIR"?

I was just watching a presentation on this kind of thing not that long ago, and
looking over some of the papers detailing how it all works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZiJeaMO48

Good to see you around again, and still doing very interesting experiments   :)

- Bill