POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D Voronoi diagrams :-D : Re: 3D Voronoi diagrams :-D Server Time
1 May 2024 21:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Voronoi diagrams :-D
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Jan 2023 07:15:00
Message: <web.63b41b89eaa27b641f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Lars Rohwedder <rok### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> I hope you enjoy it and if you have suggestions how to make it better or
> looking more interesting, please let me know.

Good work - I'm hoping a lot of this "outside" code gets deposited somewhere so
that eventually they can get integrated into the source code as SDL-accessible
tools.

You might try a proximity pattern, placing a light inside the center of the
asteroid, surrounding the asteroid with fog for the light rays to shine through,
assigning a vector to the center of each cell and then animating them outward
from the center to simulate an explosion, do something with the cracks in
between - fill them with spheres or sparklies, or blobs or strings/snakes/
glowing eyes....