POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using "transmit all" with an image map : Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 3 Jan 2023 00:50:00
Message: <web.63b3c202eaa53b9ca65171949334df62@news.povray.org>
> No excuses, slacker.  Get crackin'   :P
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-beta.2

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/download/v3.8.0-beta.2/povwin-v3.8.0-beta.2-setup.exe

> How motivating it THAT?    :D

Hey cool I thought we all had to compile the source code ourselves. So version
3.8 will be lots of fun to learn about. And sure enough, it handles "transmit
all" with .png transparency differently than version 3.7 but still not how I
think would be most useful. In the sample image attached (made with version
3.8), there are multiple layers of .png images - some with transparent areas and
some without. The transparent areas affect the layers beneath them and in my
opinion, this is not a desirable effect. I'm not complaining, just pointing it
out in case it's an oversight. I also discovered another problem that I'll have
to experiment with to try to figure out what might be going on if anyone is
interested.

Thanks for helping me get caught up to the new version guys!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'untitled.jpg' (123 KB)

Preview of image 'untitled.jpg'