POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to create 4x4 grid using bicubic patch : Re: How to create 4x4 grid using bicubic patch Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:00:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to create 4x4 grid using bicubic patch
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Dec 2022 06:35:00
Message: <web.639079764f383701f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Aj" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was trying to create a grid of 4x4 using bicubic_patch but unfortunately, I
> was unable to figure out how to achieve that. I was able to follow up with the
> documentation and created a 3x3 grid, Any suggestion on how that can be achieved
> would be really helpful.

Do you want a 4 patch by 4 patch (16 patches total), or do you just want your
patch to have a 4x4 grid as its pattern?

The former is going to require some learning about the underlying
Bezier/Bernstein splines that form the patches. I can email you the PDF, which
is currently too large to post as an attachment here (which is why jr can't find
it).

But if all you want is the pattern, then simple replace

>          scale 1/3

with scale 1/4