POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A (slight) touch of the Beksinski's : Re: A (slight) touch of the Beksinski's Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:58:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A (slight) touch of the Beksinski's
From: Simon J  Cambridge
Date: 21 Oct 2022 06:40:00
Message: <web.635275e67c83e490be67661dc9cc1e6f@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Simon J. Cambridge" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Hi folks. I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would post this and see
> > what you all thought of it. ...
>
> first off, thank you for mentioning the artist providing the inspiration.  had
> not heard of Beksinski before, but found some stunning imagery when doing a
> Google Images search.
>
> and, fwiw, my (almost) first thought when I saw the image - the hand resting on
> the column, I expected, I don't know, a more "alien" appearance, maybe have two
> opposing thumbs?  anyway, nice composition, somewhat reminiscent of "worship"
> :-)
>

> regards, jr.

Thank you jr.

I have uploaded the inspriration. Beksinski was a real find for me. I prefer him
to just about any other surrealist, including Giger. Seriously prolific, and, as
you can see from online, greatly influential.

I used subsurface and iridesence for the main subject, the trees were done in
Arbaro, and all the other modelling in hamapatch. I still haven't gotten around
to using Blender. One of these days!

Cheers,

Simon

Post a reply to this message