POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Improving resolution in povray images : Re: Improving resolution in povray images Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:53:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improving resolution in povray images
From: jr
Date: 12 Oct 2022 11:10:00
Message: <web.6346d83eb9eaa0bcc0ce110b6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"vishesh saxena" <sax### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using povray to generate png images of spin textures from another program
> called as VAMPIRE. The generated png files are blurred. I cannot see the spins
> properply when I zoom in.
>
> I am very new to povray. Any suggestions on how to increase the resolution?

you can choose the output resolution freely, see link.  in fact, it often helps
to render at a high(er) resolution and resize the image afterwards.  another
thing to bear in mind is the camera's aspect, make sure image size and camera
"agree" on the ratio.  hth.

<https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:General_Output_Options#Height_and_Width_of_Output>

regards, jr.