POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Wood program but still develop : Re: Wood program but still develop Server Time
26 Apr 2024 23:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood program but still develop
From: And
Date: 16 May 2022 09:20:00
Message: <web.62824ec25b6ed24d2153b25aa81652d@news.povray.org>
> "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> > "Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> When you abrade wood, erode it - like with driftwood, or stain it, you get an
> enhancement of the grain.  This is due to the alternating hard/soft regions, and
> usually the soft regions are light, and the harder regions are more brown.

Thanks for this knowledge.

> > > Holes due to boring insects
> > > "checking" (cracks) due to splitting when cut wood is rapidly dried
> >
> > Are you a professional person? Maybe we can discuss it. I don't know so much
> > about it.
>
> I don't do anything with wood for a living, but I've felled, sawn, and worked
> with lots of different wood.  And made plenty of mistakes.

Here is no chance to fell a tree, not to mention I'm living in a city. Such a
thing is secluded to me, so I have respect to the people who can do these
things.

> > > Then there's the fun of formulating pigment/texture maps for all of the
> > > different species...  ;)

That's right, I will use pigment_map, but this is a picture I rendered, improved
the defect yesterday, and this is a two layered(in fact average of two) pattern
with different fiber length, eliminate some artifact about the coherence.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'show tree function two fiber length 0.017m 0.048m.png' (1763 KB)

Preview of image 'show tree function two fiber length 0.017m 0.048m.png'
show tree function two fiber length 0.017m 0.048m.png