POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rendering images in reverse : Re: rendering images in reverse Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering images in reverse
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Apr 2022 18:50:00
Message: <web.624b750f2398ca24cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>

> instead of "right x" use "right -x" to reverse the camera view frustrum vector.

That is simple and elegant! And never occurred to me. It also works correctly
even if the camera has an added 'rotation', like...

camera {
  perspective
  location  <-.15, 1.48, -2>
  look_at   <.35, 1.48,  0>
  right     -x*image_width/image_height
  angle 29
  rotate 45*y
}

----
I'm thinking that it would be nice to be able to render *both* standard and
reversed views at the same time, side by side in the same image, but I have no
idea how it could be done. I seem to recall that such a dual-camera(?) render
may have been explained in an old newsgroup post... or maybe it's just my faulty
old memory playing tricks on me...