POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image_map to tilted and rotated triangle centered and scaled : Re: image_map to tilted and rotated triangle centered and scaled Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:53:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image_map to tilted and rotated triangle centered and scaled
From: Molly-J
Date: 29 Mar 2022 16:15:00
Message: <web.624367b3ccfe29009cded0992eac0897@news.povray.org>
Thank you everyone for all that help.
I worked out how to do it after re-reading your posts carefully. I had to break
out the geometry/trigonometry skills to derive the angles from xyz coordinates.
there seems to be no other way.
unless there is . . . .

Is there a povray function that returns polar coordinates of a surface's normal?

eg. create a polygon my_polygon at xyz xyz xyz and then ask--

let lat/lon = normal(my_polygon)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tutorial-00.png' (505 KB)